Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Star Wars Episode III

Before seeing this movies I was told it was better the last two, but then I was told second was better that first and well it wasn't. So while I was excited to see this I was guarded as well.

Right from the beginning we see that Ankian has become a good Jedi Knight, although still a little over earger though. After defeating and doing away with Count Dooku the Chancellor is quite pleased with Ankian. When they return we learn that Padme is expecting and even though he seems happy you can see Ankian is quite uneasy. He begins having nightmares of his wife dying in childbirth.

Meanwhile the Chancellor rewards Ankian for saving him by putting him on the coucil. Though pleased Ankian soon realizes his mentor has a motive. The Chancellor wants him to spy on the council. Obi Wan is sent into battle by the Chancellor which gives him a chance to start turning Ankian to the darkside. He tells him only a Jedi from the darkside can prevent certain death.

The final battle between Obi Wan and Ankian is epic, the stuff true Star Wars is made of. All through the movie I felt a little torn. I knew in the end Ankian turned evil but I almost hoped somehow he would. But then I know without him becoming Dath Vador the true Star Wars movies never happen.

I really like this movie, and best part its a perfect lead in I will never need to watch the first two again.

9/10

No comments: